View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 04:41 PM   #10
SCOTI

Re: 1967 5x4.75 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 cst swb View Post
There is another option...
71-72 Chevrolet 1/2ton Van Factory Spindle - Then use all 71-72 Truck ball joints and steering linkage.
OR
73-74 Chevrolet 1/2ton Van Factory Spindle - Then use all 73-79 Truck ball joints and steering linkage.

Both these options use 5 x 4-3/4" bolt pattern. They are a smaller diameter rotor, but they are the same rotor, caliper & pads as found on the 70-78 Camaros.

Draw backs are: You do NOT have an option of running a lowered spindle... AND you have to go find a used/salvage yard 71/72 or 73/74 Chevy Van.
Keep in mind... In 1975 they went to 5 on 5 bolt pattern.

I still have a set up of each; one 71/72 and one 73/74 Spindle Assy. No, I am not interested in selling.

This option keeps it simple and easy to order parts from the parts store. Because you order the Suspension pieces (Ball Joints, Tie Rods, etc..) for the correct year Pickup Truck (71/72 or 73/79), then you order the Brake pieces (rotors, calipers, pads, wheel bearings, etc..) for the Correct Year Van Spindle (71/72 or 73/74) used, which is the same as 70-78 Camaro.
Funny part is telling the parts counter person you have an old van, then the look on their face when they typically have everything on the self.

PM me if you have more questions... I spent 30+ years working in Auto Parts stores.
These are likely the same as the LT. Duty truck spindle which allows the use of the 1Le rotor & caliper. If one is ok w/using the thinner 1.00" rotor & the lighter duty caliper, this works. Light duty spindles are available as drop spindles as well.

For those seeking something heavier duty, re-drilling once worked. I have (had?) a set of GM 1/2 12" x 1.25" thick rotors on my 67/68 that were re-drilled to car pattern. I'd have to pull one off to verify if it still has them now since it's been raided for parts as the years went by.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote