View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #20
SCOTI

Re: 1967 5x4.75 help

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaker 1985 View Post
It's not an aftermarket spindle it's a bolt on bracket that adapts the stock drum rotor to accept a disc caliper.
That adds 1.25" not sure per side or overall.

From what I've gathered the aftermarket spindle, Camaro rotor swap adds less than an inch per side.

Would like to just use the bolt on stock spindle kit for simplicity. Going down to the shop today to try to mock up the wheels and see exactly how much room we have to work with.
The bolt-on bracket is for the caliper. The hub still MUST SEAT on the spindle shaft. The bearings fit within the dimensions of the spindle snout so the castle nut & cotter pin can be installed. Those bearings dictate where the hub lands. In doing so, the track width will get wider but not 1.25" wider @ each side. It's usually the thickness of the rotor hat (the portion that sits on the hub).

Again, going from drum to disc brakes increases the track width .375 - .500". Drop spindles can add more to this number but would still come in under the 1.25" per side mark.

I googled that exact p/n off CPP's site. I don't see anywhere in the descript about 1.25" added to the track width:
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 02-08-2022 at 01:31 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote