View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #115
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Playing the long game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBNORML View Post
I know. I cleaned, coated and re-installed the cables on purpose. The motor mounts are brand new and i have no worries about them separating. Ive been driving these trucks for well over 20m years and have never broken a mount. most of the times the engines were far more powerful than this gutless 283. I thought it was cool that the truck still had the straps installed and they deserved to go back on.

I'd like to know how many trucks had mounts that actually failed? Upgrading the mounts doesn't seem to be a very common upgrade, yet you never hear about them failing. Ive heard lots of people talk about the recall, but not many talk about first hand knowledge or experience with them failing.
We were never apprised of how many failures had occurred in the field. But it only takes a few failures to make for potentially horrific injuries (and many millions of dollars worth of loss), so the replacement covered all V-8 Chevrolet vehicles from '65 - '69. I've seen the result of a couple of instances myself, but they didn't end up as runaways in those cases.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote