View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
EricU

Re: How to mod C30 A-Arms for Bags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
The duallys call for a heavier bag than a 2600. When I built a set of arms for my dually (from some extras), I pocketed the arms for larger RE-8/Firestone F7325's/26c bags (3"min; 5-6"ride; 9"max).

Despite my efforts to allow for max room, the larger OD bags were too close to the pocket edges for me. You could possibly get away w/the smaller diameter bags on a lighter set-up (sbc vs BBC) but my BBC/TH400 requires ~100psi to achieve ride height & rides very decent. Smaller bags would likely require more PSI which adds spring rate to the mix.

Using the cups adds to the overall spring height which I didn't want. By pocketing the arms, they sat into the arms like the coils would. The way I did mine also kept the 'pocket' flush w/the bottom edges of the arm.

In the end, I wound up using PB's 1" Forward lower arms so I could use the larger bags w/o issue & used home fabbed upper plates that attach under the x-member...
I plan on using the 2600s because that is what the PB rear kit uses and what they use for their front kit.

What you did to your lower A-arms is what I was trying to describe.

* What thickness plate did you use? 1/4" is what I was going to use.

I think that is what I am going to do first.

I'd like to eventually go to a full PB Fab front cross member - Just need to pay for my kid's school first ($$$)

Last edited by EricU; 10-08-2020 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Old, Fat, Bald
EricU is offline   Reply With Quote