View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 11:42 AM   #8
XXL
Seņor Member

Update--

Mike Albrecht of POR stated via email that he'd refund me for the POR-Strip. I asked if he wanted me to return the product so they could evaluate it... he wasn't interested since 'he gets the product in 55 gallon drums so he would have known by now if there was a problem.'

To that I say...

1) I'm glad he saw fit to do a refund (though I haven't seen it yet... I hope I'm not appreciating it too soon).

2) So-so customer service isn't dead yet. He had the opportunity to be concerned, not just to "pay me off" (and sublimely state that his product is just fine-- thereby intimating it must be me that's the problem). How about... take the product back and analyze what might have been the problem-- bad batch? got 'neutralized' somehow in transit? customer (me) can't follow directions? customer is an idiot? Something. How about a chance to build customer rapport? Like, no refund but free replacement from another batch, and a "$5 goodwill coupon" for my trouble? This gets me chemicals that do what they were advertised to do AND ( A N D !!) gets me coming back for another product down the road. I don't have my hand out for a freebie... I would have been completely and thoroughly satisfied if their POR-Strip product had... uh... stripped.

Anyway, my rant here is winding down. I think I had reasonable expectations, and they weren't initially met, and they were only marginally addressed on their follow-up.

Oh well.

Kenneth
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote