View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
59rollingiron

1989 Chevrolet Silverado 1500-Mild Power

Hello, all! After a little while of waiting, I finally traded in my old Cavalier for my grandfather's old '89 Chevrolet half-ton, 2wd. Gotta' love those quad-headlights, same reason I got a '59 Chev, and the reverse gauges! Can't say I've got a camera right now, but I can at least describe the old beast. She's a 350-powered, 700r4 backed 2 wheel drive half ton. The only rust is on the driver's side cab corner, where I botched up one cab corner repair, and it may come back through in a year or two. The current plans are to get the truck to be a good cruiser, and decent for high school and college, then just keep it as long as possible after that.
Being a teenager, there's two things I'm short on: Money, and taking some nice advanced sciences, time. So, progress will be slow. To start off with, I intend to rustoleum the frame after grinding it shiny. Also, repaint eventually with that Duplicolor Paint Shop stuff-Nothing fancy, but hopefully rust preventative! Going to put in my tach and CB, and, providing I can find that company again, will try and order the original radio head unit-I must confess, I like where the current radio sits. After that, will install XM, and "reupholster" the seat-A Wal-Mart cover and some foam padding will do nicely!
PS-Do any of you all remember what company it was that rebuilt those radios?
59rollingiron is offline   Reply With Quote