View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 02:55 AM   #59
72K5CSTDarkOlive

Re: The never ending K5 Build LS Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Good to see an update. Console is sharp and compliments the truck.

Can you comment on fitment of the LS? For example any clearance issues against the firewall or front differential?

Do you have an OEM style dash and/or AC harness you won't be using?
Thanks Pete. I'm really happy with how the console turned out.

Now for fitment. I did have some minor issues. Not sure if you remember, I swapped the TH350 for a 4L80E prior to the LS conversion. I had moved the Tcase back 5" in order to have the SBC remain in the stock location. After installing the LS it was a bit too close to the firewall for my setup.

If I was running stock LS valve covers I could probably get away with leaving the transmission where it was. I opted for these billet specialties valve cover adapters to give the look of a sbc. This adds additional height and the provisions for PVC are in the back of the vc adapters.

Here is a pic keeping the trans where it was. You can see I have just about 1/4"-1/2" of clearance. It's actually just touching the gas pedal threaded inserts.

Name:  IMG_20191018_175834.jpg
Views: 1438
Size:  31.8 KB

I decided to move the trans/tcase fwd 3.5". Now to put that into perspective, the Tcase is still 1.5" further back from stock location but the additional 5" the 4L80e adds actually moves the engine fwd 3.5" from stock.

I now have plenty of clearance for the PVC hoses. There is one on each valve cover adapter and they run to a catch can. It simply acts as a vapor deposit. Oil wont actually flow through the hoses to catch can.

Attachment 1982701
Attachment 1982702
Attached Images

Build version 2.0: 72 K5
6.0 LQ9, 4L80e, NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793192