View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 10:46 PM   #66
72K5CSTDarkOlive

Re: The never ending K5 Build LS Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Going to amazing when done. Thanks for sharing. If I were to build another 4wd that needed a motor I’d strongly consider this route and it was the clearance of the stock style valve covers with adapters that I was most curious about.
Thanks Pete. I'm really happy i went the LS route. I really wanted to have a K5 I could take anywhere and get decent gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocker85 View Post
Your build looks great! What size are your tires and where did you find your steel wheels?
31's. I found the steel wheels on Instagram. The guy I bought them from has a lot of 67-72 chevy truck parts that he post on IG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
amazing job on all the work you've, have driven it yet?Enjoying your thread
Thanks Jaro. Not yet. Had a tiny setback. The engine builder came over to my house and we we tried to fire the motor but had a couple issues come up. The lifters got stuck somehow and he doesn't know why or at least that's what his explanation to me was. We did get the motor fired up for about a whole 2 seconds and we heard a unusual loud noise. After hearing that, we pulled the heads off and two of the pistons surface had gotten marred up pretty good. We found a couple of tiny pieces of what looks like hardened alloy steel sitting on top of one of the pistons.. The engine builder thinks a washer ended up down the intake but I really don't see how that could have happened, plus I don't think a hardened alloy steel washer would have broken into 100 pieces and disintegrate... Anyways, I pulled the motor and dropped it back off at his shop. He's replacing the lifters and push rods and two pistons. The parts came in last week and I'll have the engine back this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Looks good, it's coming along nicely
Thank you!

Build version 2.0: 72 K5
6.0 LQ9, 4L80e, NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793192