View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 02:11 AM   #67
72K5CSTDarkOlive

Re: The never ending K5 Build LS Swap

Here's the electrical wiring & changes I made. I took out the stock style fuse panel and replaced it with this universal 24 circuit fuse panel from MGI Speedware. I got rig of the aluminum home depot brackets and welded up this bracket of 14 gauge steel. My painter gave me some base coat of the 506 Dark olive. it kind of looks like it could belong there.
Name:  AFP15.jpg
Views: 1278
Size:  96.0 KB

I also added a relay panel to help take some of the load off the main electrical system during start up. It is a 8 panel fused relay with a 150 AMP Main fuse breaker. Probably overkill but oh well. I' should've went with their 4 relay panel.
Name:  RCP8_Driver seat out.jpg
Views: 1280
Size:  82.0 KB

I mounted the replay panel underneath the drivers seat and it's controlled through switches and that's what will help with the load on the electrical system at start up. I'll only need to turn the the fuel pump switch (powered by the relay panel) before start up. The two electrical fans are switch operated and I can flip those on after the engine is on. They are triggered through the Holley terminator with set parameters. No need for a thermostat directly connected to the fans.

FAN 1 comes on at 195 and turns off at 185.
FAN 2 comes on at 200 and turns off at 190.

The fourth switch will activate my seat warmers which also have their own switches to turn on and set heat level.

The fifth switch will control my e-locker for when I want to do burnouts and race people at a street light
Name:  RCP8_Under Driver seat.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  79.0 KB

For the stereo and amp I was able to mount both of these under the passenger seat connecting to the frame of the seat so it is not on the floor.

Name:  stereo_AMp.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  90.5 KB

The cross overs will be stuffed inside the center console I made. They will actually be on the carpet not underneath shown in the pic

Name:  Crossovers.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  94.0 KB

Build version 2.0: 72 K5
6.0 LQ9, 4L80e, NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793192