View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 02:32 AM   #95
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Seeing how I plan on not running a mechanical fan I think the larger radiator will be cheap insurance.
It is amazing how cool these motors can run in extreme conditions. With any amount of vehicle movement, my fan clutch will not turn on (provided the A/C is not on). The only time the fan clutch will turn on for engine temp is slow speed wheeling. It kind of surprised me when it kicked on the first time on a trail seeing as how it will almost never turn on in town even with 115* ambient air temps. I turned the electrics on and that pretty much kept the fan clutch turned off. With the A/C, the fan clutch will usually turn on for the high side pressure switch request, but not engine temp. Last week we had a cold spell with daily high temps in the high 90's to 100*. It was great because at those temps I don't need A/C so the motor ran great without that mechanical fan horsepower sponge spinning. Are you planning on running electrics on yours??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice build by the way!
Thank you!!