View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 08:44 PM   #113
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by turp mcspray View Post
If they are done, I would install the engine, trans, and transfer case, before the tub.
Thanks Turp - No engine yet, so that'll be after the tub goes on. I did get the tank, all rubber hoses for the tank and the wiring done. I got my steering dampener on - - I did go with a 5100 series Bilstein - - fit really well and had the same 9" travel of the Monroe, so I think it'll be fine. Keeping the Monroe around just in case though!

I did tackle the Transfer Case - and got it mostly installed. I ran into a problem with the bolts for the side of the transfer case that connects it to the frame - the 3 piece stabilizer with the rubber bushings. I tried to reinstall the bolts from the PO and they would get tight, then slip the thread and be loose again. So, I went and got new bolts - 9/16-12 and it still felt loose in the thread. Tried to torque it up and same thing - - once it got past snug, it slipped the thread.

So I thought I have the wrong bolt for sure. Bought a 5/8-11 but couldn't get it started. Also picked up some M14 (too small and slid right into the hole) and M16 (wouldn't thread, like the 5/8), and neither worked.

So, I am guessing the 9/16-12 is the right bolt and pitch, but thats not fixing my slipping problem.

Anyone got a recommendation on a fix - - or a confirmation on bolt size? I know alot of guys run without this brace, but I want it on there.

Thanks - - kinda stuck
UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote