View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #498
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Well, I'm knee deep in tearing the Blazer half apart again. I had picked up some Doug's D375Y Tri-Y Headers for a 2nd gen Camaro because they will supposedly clear the Z-bar for the clutch linkage with a little tweaking. Trying to get the old exhaust out proved to be a challenge since my sawzall and air compressor both decided that they didn't want to cooperate. I eventually got it out and pulled the old headers and spark plugs so that I could fit the new headers. Today I got the driver's side header in and it is a VERY close fit to my lower control arm bushing. It's less than 1/4" clearance between the tube and the washer on the lower control arm. Besides that the fit is great! I still need to install the Z-bar to verify that it fits, though.

While crawling around under the Blazer I have come to the conclusion that every spot on the engine that could possibly leak is leaking. I also have an axle seal on the rear axle that is leaking gear oil into the inside of my back passenger's wheel. I'm not sure it wouldn't be easier to just yank the engine to re-seal everything or not.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote