View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 02:08 AM   #4
Pont
I need another Barley Pop

LOL, thanks Breeh, I wish I was a guru at anything!

Ok, I can help with any info you might need as far as swapping in a later disc brake front axle but I haven't converted from stick to auto so I can't help out much in that department. I think Jerry pretty much mentioned everything involved for the auto conversion. I can tell you that my new extended stainless front brake hoses bolted directly to my existing brake fittings at the frame so no adapters were required there. And like Breeh said, you might wanna consider crossover steering with that 6" lift. Any lift over 4" and crossover steering is a must in my opinion. I can help you with any info you will need in that department as well.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress..........

Rob

One more thing I forgot to mention. You won't find any lift manufacturer that makes a rear lift spring for your truck. You will need to either have some custom rear springs made (as I did) or you will have to relocate the rear spring hangers and use 69 and newer rear springs or you will need to add a shackle flip with lift blocks in the rear to try and reach 6 inches. If you need any help in this area as well, I'll be more than happy to help.

04 Honda CRF450R

89 Toyota 4-Runner

34 Ford 2 door sedan - Long term project

----------------------------------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Last edited by Pont; 10-17-2003 at 02:13 AM.
Pont is offline   Reply With Quote