Thread: New C50 Owner
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 08:18 AM   #57
STPETEBLUE

Re: New C50 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
Nobody makes/sells the gm 15x5 brake shoes anymore. I've called several places over the past year and no one could help. I plan on sending my rear shoes to this local company to be relined.

http://www.cecofriction.com/index.html

Centric brakes makes 14x2 shoes for the front and dorman still makes all the rubber brake lines. Raybestos still makes wheel cylinders (although made in China) and can order them from Rock auto. If you need any help with part numbers just let me know.
I got Centrix wheel cylinders for the back from Rock Auto, but have not installed them, yet. Our local Fleet Pride said to bring the shoes in. They felt sure they might have what I needed, although Airdirect is the third person to tell me they clean them, all the time, with no issues. I think I will try that first.
Right now, my biggest concern is the inner wheel seal.
STPETEBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote