View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:50 AM   #8
72skytop

Re: Driveline vibration

Thank you for all the replies.

TR65: WoW. A graph and everything. You sure know what I am trying to describe. I will try your test this weekend and report back here what I come up with.

Meansting04: Good idea about those bolts. I replaced the cab supports, bushings, and bolts. Might be a good idea to retorque after driving it 25,000 miles since then. I'll double check the carrier crossmember bolts also.

bamabaxter: My truck is the stock height. Never been lowered.

HomerJ: I have tried the RPM test. No viberation. I had just recently adjusted the valves because the rocker arm nuts kept working loose, but that is another story. Hopefully that is fixed.

70rs/ss: I like your post. I went to check on price for these driveshafts, but could not find a listing. Do you have to call for a price?
You are right about my driveshaft balance shop...probably not the best place. Guys were just starting out and probably didn't have the most experience. There is a what I think a better shop up the road from me here. I probably just need to take it to them and see what they think. I have a few other local car guys I can check with before I go.

I still believe there is an adjustment procedure somewhere to align those shafts, but nobody has been able to volunteer it yet.

I have also wonder if either one of the yokes where the shafts slide in are worn and making it wobble?

Wonder Wonder Wonder. Time to get off my duff and talk to some of the local talent and let them look at it.

1997 Silverado 3500 LWB Vortec 454, headers 4.11 posi. Victory Red WOW!
1976 Oldsmobile 98 Regency four door 42,000 miles original paint. This is still a car!
1990 Oldsmobile 98 Touring Sedan 34,000 miles
1983 Hurst/Olds 30,000 actual miles
2013 Ford Taurus SHO
1972 Hurst/Olds-a work with no progress
1972 Oldsmobile 442 Convertible 455
72skytop is offline   Reply With Quote