Thread: My 55 Chevy 4X4
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #16
marc55

Re: My 55 Chevy 4X4

I will briefly explain my title night mare because it was ridiculous. Bought truck and frame. Title had a very strange number looked to be a clerical error. Truck vin was good and could be decoded. Owner goes to DMV with title, picture of vin, and the license plate. This truck was registered and licensed to him 7 years ago. DMV say we need to see the vin on the truck. I already removed cab. Previous owner schedules an appointment (one month later)to show the cab. DMV says we need to see a body on chassis. 2 weeks later put cab on frame owner takes back to DMV. DMV, this is not the original frame. Owner goes to junk yard get receipt for frame. DMV where is the engine? Owner, original engine is long gone. DMV we just need to see an engine in it. Owner put engine only in truck takes back to DMV. Finally DMV issues a new vin a sticker no less. To top it off he had to remove the truck from the flat bed because they would not climb up to put the vin on. I am very luck the guy owns a tow truck company and that he is a stand up guy. This truck was very close to going to the scrap yard due to red tape.
marc55 is offline   Reply With Quote