View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 10:08 PM   #6
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

but wait there is more!

my tool stash has been growing, and you might remember I love a local place called The Yard, they sell surplus steel and literally everything for projects, leather abs fabric old tools etc. I went in and saw a nice snap on bottom box calling my name. did you know you can haggle at the yard? YOU CAN! $180 for a bottom box, used but not used up.

this was around the time I was selling Kechi, and a local friend was hunting around like he was interested. he found another truck though, was I mad? no because I built that one too, the guy who bought it (the first AD I did, 47 GMC) was selling to buy his dream car. so he came by for a visit, nice to see my friend again, and the old 47.

I also spied a nice set of 20" wheels I thought may look nice on Bickle, went and made a deal on them too.

I popped them on nicks 54 to see what they looked like on an AD and yep, I like em.

the nice guy selling them had a longbed s10 in his back yard, and we made a handshake on that too.

oh and I bought a new plasma cutter. it cuts nicely, uses hypertherm consumables. I cant wait to put the CNC table together, Bickle will be the first truck I dont hand cut parts for. I had to buy a windows machine to run the CNC software, first windows machine here in 12 years! I still run CAD on my macbook though.

so tentatively tomorrow I will strip the sonoma and get the frame marked to cut and shorten. nicks 54 is almost all over but the shouting (no shouting expected, just bumper brackets) and I will post up some pictures of it too.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote