View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 04:19 PM   #378
Grizz1963

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Y View Post
Some of you might have a feeling of Deja Vu....

The last time we left the saga it was on the realisation that I would need some flexies in my exhaust.

4" of eBay special....

Aaaaannnnnd... installed.

NEXT!

Relocate the battery to the rear.

Why?

Well there is a Tuuuurrrbbboooo going to be residing where the battery currently lives at some point in the near future PLUS weight distribution.

I did look at buying a tray but then looked at what I had and decided I would see what I could cobble together from the original tray and the one from my 56 - nostalgia....

The tray from Woody was a bit rotten, the one from my 56 was remarkably solid so...

Drill drill...

Bend bend...

Blast blast...

Paint paint...

Pictures of the finished item later.

Whilst I had the blast cabinet out...

Not a show truck.....

Next was to run the battery cables to the new location and make up the ends.

Measure up, use my posh box of shrink wrap

And then use this bit of wonderfulness, after a recommendation by Dez, which was a massive game changer in how easy it was to make up these and future big cables.

Next step was to wash all the grime and muck that had accumulated and...shock horror... apply a coating of Autoglyme polish to add another layer of protection and further proof of non show carness.

Yup. Looks quite good.

With that completed fitted up the battery tray and cables, threw in an old battery to double check fitment and temporarily fitted the rear bumper to make sure there was no interference. Pretty sure that I am going to end up building some more protection around the battery to protect it from rubber etc.... But that is tomorrow Paul's problem.

And with that, the chassis is 99.9% done. There are a few odds and ends to tidy up, a package from MT65 with the missing handbrake components (thanks Mike!) torque the suspension up and finish the exhaust when the bed is back on etc but there was no reason that I couldn't put the cab back on.

So that's what I did.

Ta Da!

So with that I am back to where I was a few months ago but this time it is final assembly rather than checking it all fits.

Next step is to write the long list of stuff that needs to be completed but will comprise of a small repair to the drivers door, completely stripping the interior so that it can be painted and put together with the new loom, insulation and nice interior etc.

Sure that is only the first 3 things on a list of millions....

So, with that little update all that needs to be said is...

ONWARDS!

P.

And as if by magic…….

A ton of work has been done.

Great stuff Paul.

Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote