View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 09:49 AM   #382
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

Not quite sure when Woody's revival turned into a restoration but going to have to knock that on the head pronto!

So, what have I been up to for the past month? Lots of bits really, but all moving in the right direction. Actually lots of little bits as I wait for Jay the Spring Slasher's diary to free up and come and help with throwing a bit more paint on things.

First off I made a list.

On cardboard.

Just like all the YouTubers do. You know. Cool.

Realised I didn't have enough cardboard so created a list on my PC and printed it off - still had to add some things however....

And there are some more to be added but, pleased to say, I crossed a few things off.

First things first, a little tidy up on the front accessory mount and fitting the belt - picture instead here so I have the number saved if I need another one

Next job was to strip out the remaining detritus from the cab along with the HVAC - made a nice pile on the floor of the garage....

Which resulted in this.

Leading to...

Hell Fire! the paint was baked hard onto the dashboard - took several days of 30 minutes here and there to get it stripped along with firewall and under the dash. Interesting bit was the lack of paint under the dash - quick rub down to get rid of the surface rust and threw a coat of Vatican on there to seal things up.

Next!

A session in the blaster got the pedal box and fresh air vents all sparkly.

Psssssttttt....Psssssttttttttt.....Psssssssssssssssttttt....

And fully rebuilt with fresh grease bushing etc. - just need to invest in some new pedal rubbers.

ONWARDS!!!

Door off.

Quick stab with my trusty screwdriver showed the extent of the rust on the bottom of the drivers door

Not bad...

Cut cut.

Bend, bend.

Stick,stick, grind, grind...

Little more massaging to do but I am getting better at this metal stuff. PLUS it is on the bottom of the door so nobody will see it... Result!

Stripped the paint off the door and wondered at the marvel that was the hole for the speakers... sensational.....

What's next then....

Let's get the hole for the shifter in the right place shall we.

Cut, Cut.

Swap,swap

Glue, glue

Approved.

Thankfully that brings me up to date. Next job is to finish stripping the passenger door, paint under the dash, epoxy the firewall along with some seam sealing and start to lay out the loom ahead of painting the cab. Hopefully it will not be a month until the next update but......you never know.....

Until the next time dear readers....

ONWARDS!!!

P.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=658621

If it goes wrong, I blame the Internet...

Last edited by Paul Y; 06-16-2022 at 09:55 AM.
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote