View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #37
RogerKoop

Re: Chevy GMC Bucket Seat Floor Mounting Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpatowers View Post
I received the brackets (thank you!) and I have a few questions:

1. Two of the brackets are angled and, I presume, are supposed to be bolted on to a support that runs underneath the floor. However, the space there is so tight I can't get a drill into position to drill the holes. Do you have any suggestions? Is it necessary to bolt these brackets on to the floor support?

2. You sent me brackets for the rear bolts on both the driver and pasenger side seats. What am I supposed to use for the front bolts on both seats? I realize that one of the front bolts on the passenger seat is bolted into an existing bracket. But what do I use for the other front bolts? Do they require bracing?

Some posts have discussed the need for bracing the floor when installing bucket seats into a bench seat cab. They have reported that floors have stretched and cracked if not properly braced. (See post #37 at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=516328) That is why I am concerned with installing the rear brackets without bolting them to the support that runs under the seat and not having brackets to screw the front bolts in to.

Thank you!
As for question 1, all the trucks that we have seen bucket seats, none of them used the bolt in the support that runs underneath the floor. See attached photo of passenger side bracket.

Question 2. The front bucket mounting just used a square nut welded to the floor. No additional floor support brackets was used except for what was used for the bench seat. I will take some photos of the front mounting and add them later
Attached Images