View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 05:21 PM   #157
Woodyboat

Re: Daddyjeep Hauler - 85 K30 crew cab short bed

I don't know about you, but I have a real problem trying to get things done in any given time frame. Deadlines, time crunches and such like really scramble my brain and virtually always lead to a comedy of errors (to quote Shakespeare) for me.

You can see from my user name that I am into wooden boats. I've been a member of the forum at Glen-L.com since the forum was founded and I was the moderator for about a decade over there. We have a get-together the third of weekend of every September at Nickajack Lake in East Tennessee. This is not a group of guys that have restored antique boats. Rather, it's a group of guys that have brand new built mahogany runabouts from the ground up using modern epoxies and modern drive trains combined with traditional woods. We end up with beautiful boats that have all the charm and appearance of classic water craft but can run with the best fiberglass boats on the water. So, my own boat has really given me absolute fits because, every time I try to work on it, I won't have this tool or that tool, maybe I need to order more epoxy and my supplier is out, or I have an allergic reaction to the stuff. I always try to use the September event to motivate myself and it always leads to disaster.

On the other hand, when I just forget about it and work a little on the boat as I get the chance, it just flows right along and I have no problems at all.

Somehow, I really think that you and I have a LOT in common.
Woodyboat is offline   Reply With Quote