View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 01:36 AM   #12
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Rear Tank - Difference in Ride?

Interesting question and one one in my head. My truck is stock height but have an ECE 23 Gallon stainless steel rear tank ( bought in 2003 for my other truck and never used it ) and one of their hidden hitches to mount as well and a Hellwig Rear Sway Bar to mount too. Future plans are to do a 2 1/2 Front Spindle Drop and a 4 inch Rear Spring drop with adjustable Trac-Bar and repositioned shocks which will level the truck out somewhat without the extra weigh of my rear accessories. Thanks for the idea of loading up the weigh in the box to see how far she drops with the extra weight cause I sure dont want the front of the truck higher than the rear when the gas tank is full. I'll take the sway bar and hitch to work and weigh them on the industrial scale, and I think the gas tank is sixty pounds empty but will take it too. I love how there is always ideas to pick up and things to learn when scrolling the different threads and posts.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote