View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #61
burnitg

Re: Project Screamer - '72 GMC K2500 + DD 4-53T

Not much work on the truck lately.

I received and installed a new gear driven starter. The OEM starter is enormous and very heavy. I had difficulty getting it installed with just the engine and frame so I can't imagine having to remove/install it with the body on (without the ability to pull from above). The new starter clears everything and turns the engine over - success!

Name:  Gear driven starter.jpg
Views: 2319
Size:  46.5 KB

I received my restored & modified instrument cluster from Redline Gauge and Clock Repair. John did a fantastic job on it. It is gorgeous!

Here's the front:

Name:  Restored Instrument Cluster - front.jpg
Views: 2413
Size:  72.0 KB

Here's the rear:

Name:  Restored Instrument Cluster - back.jpg
Views: 2453
Size:  76.7 KB

After some measurement and trial fitting, I have determined that I will need a 2" suspension lift in addition to the 2" body lift. The 4-53 is so tall and wide at the rear that I will need the lift for all the hard parts to clear at full suspension articulation. The thought of raising the truck even higher put me into a funk and I decided to work on other things for a while.

I assembled my new blast cabinet from Eastwood. It took a couple of days - it only has 150 or so bolts...

Name:  New Blast Cabinet.jpg
Views: 2399
Size:  66.0 KB

I fixed my snow plow. One of the casters came loose and got very bent. I received the new part this week and got it back together. We live at 9000' and usually get snow into May. It's good to have the plow back to 100%

Name:  Mog with Plow.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  84.9 KB

Last edited by burnitg; 04-12-2015 at 12:17 AM.
burnitg is offline   Reply With Quote