View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #89
Mr_Rich

Re: 97 3500 454 4x4 project

I have a very similar project I'm working on. I bought a '97 K2500 last summer that I've been rehabbing over time. I bought a power sprayer to help me cut through the layer of grime that built up over time. I've taken apart the dash although not to the level you have. I had an auto paint store mix me up a can of matching gray interior paint to touch up the dash parts. The pics you've posted are very helpful and of interest to me. One of the reasons I bought this truck was the PO claimed the engine was replaced with a crate engine 35K ago. With all the heavy duty parts I figured it made it worth it. One thing I wasn't ready for is that 7.4L engine parts are much more scarce than 5.7L parts. I wasn't ready for that fact. I was interested in your engine pics and I noticed you don't have AIR tubes. Lucky you. I need to pull the ex. manifolds and replace some of the manifold studs on the engine. I also plan to powder coat the valve covers on mine.
Attached Images

1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote