View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #2252
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
LOL! He knows I gotta poke him in the ribs from time to time.
Vic is a good engineer and a good engineer builds robustness into his designs, trust me he knows it was overkill because it's obvious two bolts would have done the job just fine, which is why my remark is funny and I'm sure at the very least I got a half smile out of it.
Yep, Brian, sometimes cosmetics overrides practicality.

Speaking of cosmetics, I've been tinkering with the radiator cover the last couple of days. The fan controller sits on top of the shroud and is adjustable, so my first thought was to build a cover with a window in it that would allow me to easily access the box. To do that, I built a stair-stepped panel which fit around the controller okay, but looked way too busy. So onto the junk pile it went. Plan B looks nicer but will require that I remove the panel for any adjustments. That shouldn't be an issue once the limits are set... if they even need to move from the vendor settings.

And the reason I used five fasteners was due to a screw up. Failed to notice there was a large hole in the core support right where I drilled one of the fastener holes. So (full disclosure) there are four tapped holes and one dummy. Well, two if you count me.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote