View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 07:45 PM   #363
TKCR

Re: Bench Seats, Having them Reupholstered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD1 View Post
Hi, I was referred to your post by another board member. I have a 71 C10 and I regrettably disposed of my seat after getting a used one. The used seat turns out to be for a later model truck, and although I have not determined which type truck it is for as yet, your thread has been helpful.

I kept the tracks for the 71 seat. Do you know if I can modify the later model seat to work with those tracks?

Any suggestions you have on the best way to make this seat work with a 71 is appreciated. Or if you have some other options for me to consider, let me know.

Below is a pic of the seat. I can post a pic of the top of the seat later today if you would like.

Thanks,

Darien

The seat in your photo is an 81-87 seat, Chevy Truck, and one that is in pretty bad shape too. You have a lot of missing springs and the grid looks to be damaged in places too. And because the mismatch of foam, I would say the foam is badly damaged too.
As for the tracks and the 71 truck. The tracks are totally different on the 67-72 generation of trucks. Even on the 73-87 generation, you cannot swap tracks. The track has to match the frame. They are as follows:
73-76
77-80
81-87
So another words you wouldn’t be able to bolt the 81-87 tracks to a 77-80 frame. The only way to use different tracks, on different frames, is to weld them. Also the 67-72 tracks have risers, they make the seat sit up higher. There is a thread on 67-72 board, discussing seat tracks.
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ht=Seat+tracks
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote