View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
cleszkie

Re: Blazer Windshield Frame - Lowered Price

Eric - Looks like I have it sold to Dirt1972. Sorry, but I needed to raise some coin for my Blazer resto.

You will shocked when you see how much of my truck I have cut away and replaced. Seems like half of my truck has gone out in the recycling bin on trash day chunk by chunk. I would go after a small spot and then keep going until I found the end of the rust. The outside metal work is completed, but just tack welded in place for now. I will finish weld and grind later. I have replaced the entire rear half of the bed floor and supports, and am working on patching the front bed floor half now. I replaced both wheel wells, and removed all of the old rocker boxes and associated braces from underside. I have another set of rocker boxes and braces being shipped to me now. When I'm done, the Blazer will be rust free. I am going to treat all of the metal with POR15 or Rust Bullet, apply seam sealer everywhere, have the entire inside and outside painted, and then apply a sound deadener like Fat Mat on all the floors and bedsides before carpet goes back in. A lot of work, but worth it for a solid truck. Besides, I couldn't afford to pay someone to do all the work I'm doing!
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote