View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #35
n2billet
Village Idiot....

Re: why do so many like 6 cly over v8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Man, I'm stoked to have this info for the future. So much I think I will start buying a set of these parts one by one to hoard until a nice six comes my way. Yours was a 250? Originally I thought it was a 292, I even titled my copies of your pictures with that size!

Intake/Exhaust - You only coated the exhaust, right? With what? Ceramic chrome? Other? Please let us know.

The exhaust was ceramic coated (like HPC)

Oil filter cover - I don't think I could see it in any of the pictures anyway, but good to know.

I'll see if I have a picture to show.

Chrome Button Head Bolts - Where? In general in the engine compartment or only on the engine?

I used them all over the engine and compartment (hood hinges, core support, etc)

I notice you painted (or powder coated?) the power brake booster gloss black. If paint, any issue with brake fluid peeling it? I had not been able to find that master cylinder but probably cause I was looking for a MC cover only. I didn't realize it was a whole billet part. Is the heater housing painted with some sort of speckled paint? It doesn't look the same black as the MC booster.

I painted the booster and didn't have any problems peeling. On the heater housing I just cleaned it the best I could and bolted it back up. I used both semi-flat black and gloss black on the parts to give the engine compartment some contrast.

You did such a nice setup on the polished T-stat housing coupled with the black (paint/powder?) solid pipe. Just nice.

The T-stat is a Billet Specialties and I made/painted the radiator hoses.

Was the engine rebuilt and painted in pieces, or did you just do a thorough cleaning/degreasing on a running engine and paint it?

The engine ran great so I just re-sealed it and painted it mostly together.

HUGE KUDOS on having the eye and the taste to do this SO DAMN NICE.
Thank you, sir.

-67 SWB Custom Porterbuilt Front and rear 20/22's Hazel Sold
-71 StepSide Porterbuilt Stage 2 with 20/22's Stella Mae Sold
n2billet is offline   Reply With Quote