View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #44
Hair

Re: why do so many like 6 cly over v8

I think its an age thing. When I was younger (16-35) I wanted a 454 with a blower and nitrous in everything I owned. Now that I'm older, I realize that stuff like a neat looking original I6 is cool, because it's different and it makes the statement: "I don't need some big, fast, expensive, loud, rod slinging, two ton, space taking, hard to work on, piece of doody under my hood to be a cool dude... I can do it with an I6."
And I don't care what anyone says about how easy it is to drop a V8 in, because it will never be easier than just cleaning-up and leaving the I6 in there. I like the I6 because it makes my truck seem more nostalgic and just being old is cool in itself. I'm not into "updating" old cars to new tech with the digital meters and EFI and all that garbage either. IMO, nice wheels and a good stance, that's all an older vehicle needs to be cool. If I want to be fast, I'll drive my 67 Firebird with the "hot rodded" 455 that I built in my 20's. If I want to be cool, I'll drive my truck, which I'm still working on. Well... I'm still working on the Firebird too, but y'all know what I mean.
Hair is offline   Reply With Quote