View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
RUSHNBOBO
Account Suspended

Re: Newbie to site Rodded C30 Flatbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
I like it. So the way this truck is set up with the engine, shifter, shift light etc.. is this something you have raced before? Looks like a sleeper to me...
Thanks again for the compliments,

To answer your question "raced before" yes, stop light street racing mainly hopped up turbo diesel trucks. I dont care how much damn torque these diesels put out 600-800 ft lbs. what makes u go fast is horsepower and throttle response/acceleration. I have yet to find a turbo'ed Bully dog diesel that can touch my dually especially off the line. I love pulling up next to these high dollar late model black smokers and blowin their doors off. And there's plenty of them out here in Cali----"The Land of Fruits and Nuts"

Im not sure what it runs 0-60 or 1/4 mile but seat of the pants and the very noticable 1-2 shift barking all 4 rear tires is something i have yet to see in a diesel. Diesel trucks are great at pulling boats and trailers but they can't get over the lack of throttle response and horsepower . At a rolling start my truck at about 5-10 mph if I stomp on it the duals still break loose.

let me see your diesel do that!!!!

I stay away from muscle cars, and there is sum badass cars in NORCAL im giving up too much weight (when it was in full work truck dress it weighed in right at 5000 lbs.) as it sits now im probably around 4400 but with 4:56 gears it pulls hard up to 100 mph.
RUSHNBOBO is offline   Reply With Quote