View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #2602
midniteblues

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

[quote=VWNate1;7268022]As usual , I see a lot of good , hard work here .

About your hood springs : if you bead blast them , they prolly won't hold the hood open anymore .

Agreed stretching for cleaning and re painting is good idea but they tend to loose tension when blasted , leaf springs do too .

that makes sense so i figured i'll take a differnt aproach to derusting these springs.
so i took a lil' time too construct a electrolisis tote/tank after all the only thing i needed was the washing soda.
so off too wally world the wifey an i went(cant go there without the woman) and of course their "super washing soda"shelf was empty but her cart was full of everything i didnt go there for.
so i had the wife ask'm if anymore was in the store....of course not...three differnt stores and an hour 20 min later i had two boxes in my hand. also paid the wifey the dollar i owed her after i lost the bet that the next store wouldnt have any either.
kinda followed instructions that the big kid wrote down and posted in the garage a few years ago on how too set the tank/tote up.

I set it up and proceded too grill dinner(not anywhere near the tank) after dinner it got late quick but i checked in the dark an i saw bubbles.

so after work today i was all giddy about clean hood springs i ran over to check on my 2 springs hanging in the tank and boy did they look more rusty than before.....but wait a minute i have nice clean rebar???? so i came in too do a search and wouldnt you know it the kids instructions on the leads were backwards. so i fixed the leads and cranked the charger up.i guess i can be giddy again tomarrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
sand blast, sand blast and more sand blast. i hate sand now. Still not done....
just wait you'll be sleeping in bed and STILL FEEL SAND
my driveway still looks like the beach.
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.