View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #45
Bull72

Re: Some guys have skills and some have bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE THUNDER View Post
Hey Bull, lets see if Carlisle will give us a discount for two a/c jobs.

My blazer is at my buddies right now and he was going to give it a look tomorrow or the next day. His thoughts were trying pick n pull for a rear end and just swap the whole thing out... might be less expensive.

As for the AC, I was sincerely thinking about it but I got a price from Vintage Air for the parts and a rough estimate on labor from someone that vintage air recommended.... dang another $2500. Roughly... they said $1300 for the Vintage Air System, then they recommended a heavy duty electric fan $200, a trinary switch ( few bucks ) and the labor was $1000 give or take a hundred depending on what they had to remove.

I didn't ask Carlisle yet, it has to be seriously cheaper than $2500, because if not then I am close to buying a small pickup (ranger for the same price) with AC for the summer with gas prices going the way their going as my daily driver. Also, If I had another "daily driver" I can get the blazer insured with Haggerty for classic car insurance. Their stipulations say that every driver in the household has to have a designated "daily driver" other than the blazer to qualify for their insurance. Right now my insurance says if I had a total loss (totaled or stolen) they would only cover me up to $5 or $6k tops. With haggerty you can tell them the amount you want to be insured at and pay $20-30/month... weighing that all out for AC.

My mini build (I had a great starting point)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=440743

Last edited by Bull72; 03-09-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Bull72 is offline   Reply With Quote