View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:41 PM   #113
lakeroadster
Account Suspended

Re: Starting my first build - 1966 C10

I really enjoy following this build. Your "make it work" skills are off the chart.

Have you considered a safety cable around the motor mount? Kind of "belt and suspenders" but the only reason I ask is if the motor mount fails, and the engine torques over you may loose your steering.

Wide open throttle and no steering = cool video, but not from the drivers perspective.

When I was about 5 years old......
My dad had a motor mount break on a '65 Impala SS. One minute we were sitting at a stop light, the light went green and next thing I know the old man was burning rubber across the intersection Dad reached up and shut the car off and we coasted over to the curb. It was a manual trans. car and when the motor mount broke, the engine torqued over, throttle went wide open and the clutch and foot feed went to the floor. Only option was to turn it off. I gotta say I was impressed at how quick the old man shut it down. He wasn't trying to do a burnout, he merely just let out the clutch and things went "up in smoke" real quick! He took it to the local Chevy dealer and they replaced the mount. The new one had a safety cable around it, so if it did break, the separation was limited.

Last edited by lakeroadster; 06-14-2011 at 07:52 PM.
lakeroadster is offline   Reply With Quote