View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 PM   #66
tristan

Re: Project Checkbook - 1971 Jimmy Custom

The top has had some additional challenges hiding under its rotten gaskets. There was a fair amount of lip loss, a crack or two and some delamination along the edges. As I've mentioned before, this restoration shop does a lot of Corvette work so the top is in good hands. There is probably a few more days of fiberglass work before it is ready for paint.

The shop still has quite a bit of paint and interior chrome part buffing to do but they have cleaned up and repainted the bumper brackets and trailer hitch which is a morale booster. I have asked them to start tearing down the radiator assembly and core support as well as the heater core to begin the engine compartment cleanup.

I have also learned that my 350 is a 1986 GM crate motor replacement but I'm not terribly concerned about it at this point. The market doesn't seem to punish replacement engines all that much and this one has excellent compression, vacuum and oil pressure. Finding the right "Fireball Red" GMC paint for it has been a b!tch though.
Attached Images

tristan is offline   Reply With Quote