View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
LH Lead-Foot

Re: Gauges and Wiring harness

CWii / Chuck, Congratulations on your Dakota Digital purchase. It appears you are limited to 3 type of gauge options....What a world!

Not knowing which on you have, but it appears each of the 3 have all you need.
#1 DD, HDX-47C-PU uses an HDX module for inputs & out puts. Page 9 is the OEM speed sensor info. Wire as I described using the two wires from OE sensor.

#2 DD, Digital Series III uses a module for same. See page 10 for two wire VSS signal and wire as described.

#3 VHX-47-PU uses a module for same. See page 8 for two wire VSS signal.

Dakota Digital is using or supplies an oil pressure and coolant temp sensor that has more that one wire. So one is probably 5 volt reference and the coolant is two wires, using a positive temperature coefficient resistor that one wire is input and the other is return. The PTC resistor is industry standard and resistance goes low when hot, high resistance when cold. Think of it like your girl friend or wife.

If both of these sensors are 1/8" NPT, then the eBay kit number is all you need. I found out, one day, that if you type in just the # on eBay, it goes straight to the item. Hell, I'm too old to keep up.

Just let me know if you need wire colors as I can go up to 2004. That's it. Otherwise, if you have a PCM Tuner Dude, he may be able to supply the wire color for any PCM / Vehicle you have that is newer than 2004. Also, re-programming a PCM to a manual transmission, if I am not mistaken, create a quicker throttle response as compared to a auto...But a manual is what you're using.

Don't forget you clutch switch. It can be fabricate & wired real easy, so be safe.

Have a good build!