Thread: Jeep J10
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 09:51 PM   #28
Scott2

Re: Jeep J10

Yesterday my son and I made a run down to FN Jeep in Colorado Springs. FN is a Jeep salvage yard with a fair amount of old full size Jeep stuff (I sold them the old camo J10 earlier in this thread) and we were shopping for a Jeep steering column with tilt and auto shift on the column. Found a nice one and then scored even more by finding a decent (rebuildable) set of bucket seats with mounts, a center armrest and the front seatbelts from a ‘78 Wagoneer, and then a big score when I found a pretty nice tailgate. Tailgates and seats are very tough to find and there aren’t any repops like there are for AD trucks.

My son drove on his learners permit (just turned 16) and he got a couple of hours of driving time. I got several hours of dedicated dad time, got to show him the joys and rewards of digging around salvage yards and finding parts, and try to pass on a few things I’ve learned. We took a short break and walked thru nearby downtown Colorado Springs and stopped for a burger. Awesome day!