Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 10:21 AM   #58
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDad View Post
Making good progress and you will get a lot of satisfaction out of doing the majority of the work yourself. Personally I like the rattle can spray and that is what I used under the hood on my 1965 pickup. I also like driving them.
Thanks Dad...I am sure loving working on my truck. I tried to contact the man I bought it from to see if I could find the original owner or anyone from his family but he has yet to respond...Im unsure if he thinks I am going to fuss...but I just wanted to try and find out a little more history on "Pawpaws" truck...I'll go to the DMV and see what they can tell me if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
I like the rattle can spray also and that is what I am going to do under my hood also. Mine is and will be a driver. I don't want a show truck, but something we can use it for what it is intended...Looking great John.
Hey Andy...Thanks for stopping by. The metallic paint I choose for the firewall and inner fenders looks good but it is really hard to get a consistent layer, especially since its metallic...I think that color will look great on the inside when that time comes along with some silver highlights.

Once I get everything blasted Ill then paint it with the ole rattle can...Its taking a little longer because I don't have a great big air compressor but that is fine with me..beats the heck out of sanding it all down.

The really painful part is going to be trying to get all the little screws that hold the heater box cleaned up...Im gonna try to push them through a piece of cardboard and tape the backs to hold then in place.....so I can get them cleaned.

Ill be working on the engine stuff tonight after work..pulleys, brakets etc...

Once I get all of the small tings done...well whatever is small enough to put in the cabinet then I am going to start working on the frame...Im going to paint it with POR 15...I have heard great things about that stuff.

It will all come together when it is supposed to so Im not worried...My biggest thing right now is to get the motor back, and installed with the transmission to see how all of it is going to work....I am trying to find an original automatic steering column to put in it. I know if I use an original one then I will lose the ability to shift into 1...but in all honesty I have never shifter into one in any truck I have ever owned so that is no big deal to me
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote