Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #61
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well another night with the ole sandblasting cabinet....got the inside heater box cleaned and primed and did a lot of bolts and screws....also did the other exhaust manifold. I received my undercoating from Summit today so I got the entire bottom of the cab undercoated...Didn't take any pictures of that cause they wouldn't have turned out too good.

I did receive a call from the machine shop today....they got everything cleaned up and checked...One issue has come up that has me a little concerned.

They are unsure if 30 over is going to clean up the cylinder walls....he said he may have to go to 40 over...I'm kinda worried about cooling...I have always heard that anything over 30 will cause cooling issues...he doesn't seem to think so and I really would like to keep this motor since it is the original motor.....So what he is going to do is to measure the worst one, bored it out until it cleans up and see where we are at... I'm surely hoping the block can be saved. If it cant Ill cross that bridge when I come to it...no reason to worry now....but it looks like if it cant then a crate motor will be the best option...just have to wait and see.

I finally got some of my parts from Brothers...they seem kind of slow so not sure if I will be ordering from them again or not.

But here is a few pictures of what I got done tonight
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote