Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #71
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
John--I commend you for fighting to keep the original engine in the truck. I wish mine had the original engine and trans, I wouldn't change them unless I had to take them off life support! Mine will have a new crate engine and trans (ordered) and although I know it will run great, I wish it was all original like yours!

Keep up the good work.
Thanks Andy.....I know I am changing the transmission and that its not original but that is for usage more than anything...I plan on driving this truck a lot so mileage is a concern.

I know its probably crazy to keep the original radiator, heater cores etc especially since no one will even see the heater core and the radiator..well is a radiator and it would be cheaper to just buy a replacement.....BUT its not the same...probably the same with the motor but just something about having the original motor is better for me.....my other had a ZZ383 Stroker with 425Hp way too much power...couldn't put it to the ground.

Im going to change a few things just for conveniences sake like adding the door jamb switches a few other little things...but like the old truck the way it is.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote