Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 08:49 PM   #77
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well back at it again...almost. Graduation was extremely nice...I had no idea how these kids are sooo smart...both got several scholarships for academics...So very proud of them.

Went by and picked up the radiator and heater core from the shop. I will say the old radiator core was surely clogged up...not sure if that thing had even been flushed....Several of the rows had calcium deposits built up. So I am relatively sure that it was a good idea to have the cores replaced...They put an aluminum high efficiency 3 core radiator into it......Its pouring down rain now so I cant take any pictures of it but I will tomorrow.

I also went by the hospital ( machine shop) for visiting hours and checked on the patient.....All the prep work has been done...One final polishing of the crank is needed, all the parts have came in and the rods have been attached to the pistons...Heads have been completed....I must say that they look pretty good...those stainless steel valves look pretty awesome sitting in the heads and you can definitely tell that are bigger than the stock ones.....I think this thing is gonna breathe just fine.

I am waiting on a couple of people to get back with me on some parts I need..Sent CaptainFab a PM and another person concerning a steering column.

A couple of things I have ordered are starting to come in now, but am still waiting on the gasket set to get here so I can put the heater box back together and get it painted, then re-installed.

I am trying to get everything done under the hood before I move further...this way once I shut the hood the engine bay will be complete

Anyways here are a few pics from the machine shop......The single cylinder picture id the cylinder that the sleeve was put in...Looks good to me. Matt ( Machine Shop Guy) said that the engine block and all the parts still has to be cleaned again before he will start putting it together.

He did tell me that he had over 8 hrs alone just in the heads, boring them out and building them.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote