View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 03:47 PM   #33
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: Has Anybody Purchased a New Steel Replacement Hood for their '64-'66???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Glad to hear that you received the hood undamaged. That could have been bad, had that damage to the box been on the other side. Upon your initial inspection, how does the seam across the front look?
I am soooo glad that I did't have to deal with a messed-up hood! I already bought one used hood that didn't turn out to be what I was looking for!...I didn't need a second fail!
The seam along the front looked as good as the O.E. hood seam. I don't have any pics, but I was impressed with the quality level....If that's what you like.
I really don't care for the seam, and have already started the process of welding it up!...More to come on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsb29 View Post
Nice looking hood the Captain was wondering about the seam in the front I was able to inlarge the picture and it looked like it was a good fit now you need to try it on the truck let us all know how it fits nice looking shop what do you make there
Thanks! Like I said above, it looked & mated-up great

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocknrod View Post
Wow, that's pretty. Wish that was available when I got my hood. I had to get the upper and lower front sections from LMC and have them replaced. Would have been lots of money ahead buying that believe me. You scored.
I totally understand! I didn't want another hood to fix! I just wanted a hood that matched the quality level of the rest of the truck!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote