View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
demian5

Stock torsion bars different left and right sides?

Hi does anyone have a picture of left and right torsion bars laid out on a flat surface? I had an issue with the 60 I'm working on and it turned out to remedy, the torsion's were twisted (indexed) differently from left to right. So i swapped sides and I can kinda get it where I want, but the adjusters are soooo low...

Are the torsion bars different left to right? I would not think a 1960 american vehicle would have a different one for each side.

If anyone one has a good used set, can you lay them out on a flat surface and confirm?

Thanks!

I'm thinking if they are not left and right and shouldn't be twisted, I may be able to get a set of non twisted ones and get the adjusters up another 1" or more.

Maybe the ones in this truck were heated up... the adjusters were all the way up and against the frame, and the shocks were the bump stops for the front end (I removed the shocks and the truck went to the ground...)

AND - Would chrysler torsion bars fit in the truck? I see Hotchkiss makes a performance set that are indexed for lowering... 41" long on Summit.
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC

Last edited by demian5; 04-18-2019 at 05:11 PM.
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote