View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 02:02 PM   #575
BBEEP

Re: 52 GMC Envoy Burb meld/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwem View Post
This thing is sweet.

I just pulled my truck out of storage, still drives like a stock worn out 1950 farm truck.

Got thinking Enovy/Trailblazer rolling chassis again.

Enovy wheelbase is 113" (I think this applies to the SS as well, the XL is way longer at 129")

Stock 3100 Chevy pickup is 116" (suburban is the same I believe)

Reading up on one of the guys that used to sell kits to put the pickups on regular cab long box S 10 frames which had 117.9" wheel base, he said the extra 2" on the s-10 centers the rear wheels better in the wheel arches.

Looking back at yours, do you think lengthening the Envoy frame would have helped vs doing the big fenders and moving/reshaping thing?

Also, any idea what GMPP did for that 53 they did other than widening the fronts 2"? I think it said they lengthened the frame too, wonder how much?
1)Yes, the SS is the same (I have one...)
2)S10 chassis are too narrow, IMHO, while the TB is too wide in the front.
3)If you remember, stock trucks the rear wheel opening doesn't match the wheel, it sits forward in the opening. I wouldn't lengthen the chassis as the rear wheel well on the Envoy sat exactly on top of the 52's... I would either narrow the track of a 2wd TB or change the openings.
4)I simply don't know why they lengthened their chassis, but I will say, they were extremely impressed with the ideas implemented on mine!
BBEEP is offline   Reply With Quote