View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:12 PM   #14
67Mach1

Re: 69 Chevy 4 Door EX Rail Road Truck Located

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Did he say it`s a former RR truck?I kinda doubt it.I doubt they`d get a big block and also doubt the would order a Custom Camper model with a/c.Also,it`s a blue truck originally.Is there a RR that would have used that color?Since these were custom ordered,which RRs generally do with even w/o the cab conversion,it would have been ordered in the RR`s color.At least it would have been ordered white and painted the RR`s color if that wasn`t white.Is it a 30 series?If so,it may have been a cab`n`chassis model w/133" WB(60" CA) before stretching.They took 9' utility beds.I wonder if it wasn`t ordered to haul a camper.Many serious set-ups used utility beds.Alaskan Campers offers them as a package.
I was only going by what the owner stated when I took a look at it. He gave me his price and I sorta lost interest in it. The passengers side door was locked so I didnt even get in and look at the SPID.

He stated it did have a utility bed on it and from the gap between the bed and cab and the rear frame poking out from the bed I'd say that what ever was on it was longer than the 8' bed on it now but a full 9 feet I dont know.

The truck is a C20 and he said it had a 1 ton rating on the rear springs and rear end.

67 GMC Shortbed 454 Project
more junk and most of it
is for sale

Last edited by 67Mach1; 03-04-2010 at 12:40 PM.
67Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote