View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
AusTx68

Blueprint Engines 383 - My Bad Experience

Before I begin here is some history:

Arrival of my Blueprint Engine 383

Overheating Begins

At the moment Blueprint Engines aka Marshall Engines has my 383. At their request I shipped the motor back to them for inspection. Thas was following weeks of tech support provided by the company. The sysmptons were overheating with exhaust gas in the coolant. Heads checked good and assumed a crack in the block.

After a few weeks I heard back from the company. They say they tore down the motor and can't find the problem. For that reason my claim was denied and they want me to either buy a new motor or pay to have the broken one assemebled and returned to me. Needless to say I'm pissed. THEY can't find the problem now I get the shaft. How convenient is it for them to deny claims because they are too incompetent to find a problem. That doesn't sound right at all. At this point I'm considering my options..I will let everyone know how it turned out.

UPDATE: Blueprint Engines has reversed their decision to deny my claim and has shipped a completely new motor at no cost to me. Getting the claim reversed required a lot of back and forth dialog, photos, and involvment of BP executive management. In the end commmon sense prevailed. Thank you Blueprint Engines for realizing the mistake and making things right.

Last edited by AusTx68; 02-19-2011 at 05:31 PM.
AusTx68 is offline   Reply With Quote