View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #100
Fredo

Re: Let's see your homemade crafts!

Been on vacation, thought I'd do this follow up on my first post with some data I've collected after running the cooler the past few weeks...
Also I cast this in aluminum to replace the original shift knob that came with the truck.. The casting is still on the sprue.. Needs to be cut off, drilled and tapped yet..
With the swamp cooler, I used a 5 gal bucket as a reservoir and a 12v bilge pump to recirculate the water over the pad... This proto-type was used for testing different type pads for air flow volume and temp data... Using PWM speed controllers, air flow and and water feed are controllable from 0-100% ... On a dry day it'll deliver air at 24-28*f below ambient air.. When I say dry I mean 2-8% humidity, with an average of 6% at days end..
Max air flow on this model was 8-10 cubic ft a second.... Measured with a cheap anemometer at +/- 3.5%.. and depending on what pad was being tested... Even with the error factor, the temp. shift between conditioned air and ambient air should be close to accurate.. This morning 10:30 ambient air 92*f humidity 13%, fan on low, air off the cooler 66*f...
My 24/7 shadow couldn't go with me in the summer because of the heat, and the fact that sometimes she needs to stay in the truck for a short time... With this she sits in a cool breeze and keeps an eye on me and we both feel better...
Attached Images

Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote