View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #61
88Ironduke

Re: Prototype center speaker holder

I used the mounting points that were visible thru the dash grill as a guide to center the bracket in the opening. A couple of zip ties and it was good to go.

24 Hours later I installed the speakers as advertised, I have yet hook my head unit so I can't say that they sound great, but I am certain they will be leaps and bounds ahead of what I had.... Nothing..

Lessons learned I can pass on. Fishing the little screws can be a bit of a challenge, I had some weather stripping strips and I out a little dab on each screw to help hold it on my fingers during fitment. They are fine thread so they screw in very easily. The strip caulk stuff will also help with ensuring the screws don't back out. Wear a long sleeve shirt, you will be working thru your radio opening in the dash, the metal is sharp and will fillet your wrist. Then you're sad. My trucks dash has been cut for a single DIN radio, the upshot is the plastic bracket fits thru that area easily. It meant I didn't have to remove those pesky defrost hoses from the dash to clear an area. I have not played under the dash of an AC truck but I'm confident there are issues of space requirements already. If you have your glove box liner out I am 100% sure that it will help you dramatically.

Overall I like the kit, there are no holes in my dash so its a win. The speakers are shallow and will not interfere with the what ever your radio may be. What you order is what you get. Kyle threw in a free tee shirt since it took so long to ship. Very cool.

Fire away if you have any questions.
Paul

My Build Thread: Project 72' Green
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=587932
88Ironduke is offline   Reply With Quote