View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 11:40 AM   #189
UGAK5

Re: 1972 Blazer CST Frame off Project in NC

I had many other odds and ends to do - hook up vacuum lines, run some under hood wiring, get the ignition box and coil wired in permanently - basically finish up anything that would be hard to reach after the fenders were on, then I installed the inner fenders. While I was waiting for some help hanging the fenders, I went to work on window felts so I could finish up the doors. Nothing ever goes easily, but the folks at Precision weatherstriping were awesome and took pictures for me and drew in arrows so I knew exactly how they installed. Turns out my problem was that my repop doors had one slot not cut out, so I had to get creative and make it work.

The Precision folks told me that would be making a video within the next 30 days for this product and our trucks - so go to their site - or let me know and I can share their pics they sent me.

The door panels went on easily enough - and these are one of the FEW originals pieces that have made it this far. It took a TON of cleaning, but these are the original 46 year old panels. They look SO much better that the repops.

I also finally put the dash pad on - - - so stupid. I thought I was being smart to not put the pad on till late in the game. That should have been the FIRST thing I put on the dash. Was a HUGE pain getting to the bolts to tighten it down, AND I had to take the glove box out to reach many of them. Ugh.

More pics:
Attached Images

UGAK5 is offline   Reply With Quote