View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 11:27 AM   #5
inrustwetrust

Re: Ugly, the 1985 k5 coming back from the dead

So yesterday was a long day of work!

I found a top on craigslist last week in pretty decent shape for a great price, but it was 2.5 hours away one way. made a deal to meet the guy halfway and pay a little extra for gas. Come the day of the deal he tells me hes busy and if i can come and get the top, I can have it!

So I loaded up the truck and hit the road! 5 hours later I got home with a better top, and a pretty clear back glass i scored for $40!

Got up to the shop as the sun was setting, got all the lights set up and the tools out and got to work. Found some rust in the back of the roof where the top meets up. i'll need to figure out if i can get some patch panels for this.. or if i care

Gonna strip the windows out of the old to and sell them to add some money back into the blazer fund. I'm also thinking I'm gonna get rid of these trashed factory seats so I can pick some GMT800 seats out of a junkyard.

The next thing i really need to figure out is the rear glass mechanism.. I cannot find a switch for it and its DISGUSTING inside.. Anyways here's some pics with the new top and glass!
Attached Images

inrustwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote