View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #5
itg

Re: Land of the Lost

Just wanted to update, and obligatorily (is that a word?) close this thread, for those who may care (if any ). After spending most of every weekend day and many evenings of the summer working on the '70, and after some serious conversation with the wife...and some soul searchin', I realized that my little Blazer Adventure was going to have to be postponed to a later date. In early August we decided to sell both of the blazers, and return back to my original plan. I sold the '70 in August on ebay, and just last week sold the '69 to a guy in Nebraska who said hes restored 15-20 1st Gen Blazers, but said this was his first '69. I realized that I'd rather be spending my time with my 2 y/o boy growing up, than in the garage working. I came to the conclusion that it just wasnt the right time in my life to be taking on such a big project.

I found a '72 C20 locally that has a rebuilt engine and tranny, had body work done and a re-paint, and the kicker is (and you'll appreciate this one DeadheadNM) I was looking at the SPID after I bought it, and it is a '72 Highlander. Most of all, it is in really good condition mechanically, so I dont need to put too much time into it...and my son LOVES riding in "DADDY'S TWUCK!"

Last edited by itg; 10-17-2014 at 10:56 PM.
itg is offline   Reply With Quote